The Grass Is Greener On Your Side Of The Fence!
Capps Home Building Center provides expert lawn & garden tips year round. Visit us this season and speak to Debi for all your lawn & garden needs.
Click here to see more products on our Lawn and Garden page
1) The most important thing to do to keep a lawn green is to keep it fed throughout the year.
2) Fertilizing your lawn four times a year is the best advice: early spring, late spring, summer and final feeding in the fall.
3) In April, fertilizer is needed, along with a pre-emergent herbicide, such as Scotts® Halts Crabgrass Preventer. The pre-emergent should be applied in early spring before any of the crabgrass seeds begin to germinate.
4) When the days start to warm up, another feeding is needed to strengthen roots and get the lawn ready for the heavy growing season. Scotts® Weed and Feed feeds the lawn and also kills dandelions and other major lawn weeds that grow at that time of the year.
5) Once summer hits, Scotts® Turf Builder Lawn Food will feed the lawn, and help it through any drought or oppressive heat. A feeding product that also has insect control should be used.
6) Once fall comes around, it is time to revitalize the lawn after weeks of summer damage. Scotts® Winter Guard can get a lawn growing again, as well as prepare it for the winter. It is also the best time to seed a lawn and take care of any bare spots that have popped up during the year.